MicroGrid® and PolyGrid® Expanded Metals, Foils, and Plastics for:
Dexmet® expanded metals and foils are the materials of choice in bushing and bearing construction. As compared to the typical extruded material or woven material, Dexmet expanded metal save money by eliminating waste AND will not unravel. Dexmet expanded metals and foils are available in a wider range of widths, thicknesses, and open area configurations than any other material type. This combined with the ability to perform custom slitting, blanking, heat, and edge treatment makes Dexmet the premier supplier for all bushing and bearing needs.
Please consult with our sales and engineering professionals for specific materials characteristics in regards to your bushing application.
- Economical Option to Alternative Materials
Uniform Material: One Piece Homogenous Design
- No Unravelling
- No bumpy surface due to overlap of warp and weft
- Engineered pore size to achieve desire bonding with backing
- Pore Size Starting at 0.001 inches
- Base Material Thickness Down to 0.001 inches
- Widths to 48 inches
- Custom Blanking & Prefabrication Available
- Heat and Coating Treatments Available
Phosphor Bronze, Stainless Steel, Aluminum & Nickel Alloys.
Dexmet Advantages Over Alternative Materials
- Dexmet offers a wide range of expanded metal foils and can produce rolls up to 1,200mm (48”) in width.
- Dexmet’s precision expansion process ensures high reproducibility leading to a more consistent final product and lower cost of quality.
- Dexmet’s expansion process produces more finished product per pound of raw material than perforation. Scrap is also minimized because there is virtually no waste. The expansion process is the preferred choice when your design utilizes expensive, hard to procure materials.
- Woven material can achieve smaller pore sizes than either expanded or perforated products. However, woven material has a tendency to “unwind” at the edges, which can lead to quality and/or manufacturing problems as well as safety issues.
- Material Specification: Ability to expand materials with specific levels of inherent lubricity to achieve superior performance.
- Open Area: Open area from 5% – 95% allows for greater bonding and superior durability.
- Bearing Strength: Ultimate strength is controlled by material selection, thickness, percent open area and pore geometry.
- Bearing Lifespan: Resistance to corrosion and/or thermal deformation is controlled primarily by material selection
Expanded metal can be employed by itself as a plain bearing or bushing. It is generally most effective in this use when loaded with a lubricant, such as grease or babbitt. However, expanded metal is more often used as the structural backbone for plastic plain bearings or bushings. In this approach, plastic (frequently PTFE or similar material) is extruded around an expanded metal core. The expanded metal does not come into contact with external surfaces, but retains the shape of the bearing/bushing and keeps it in place. Dexmet can provide a wide variety of metals, geometries (including control of the z-dimension), and secondary treatments to exacting specifications to meet your needs. Call our engineering team for more information about how Dexmet can help you improve your product.
Configuration Chart in inches
|Tool Code||LWD (in)||SWD Min (in)||SWD Max (in)||Hole Size Min (in)||Hole Size Max (in)||Opening SQIN Min||Opening SQIN Max||Open Area Min||Open Area Max||Width (in)||Raw Thickness Min (in)||Raw Thickness Max (in)|
|Hole Size (in)||Opening/
Phone: (203) 294-4440
Fax: (203) 294-7899
22 Barnes Industrial Rd. So.
Wallingford, CT 06492
United States of America
The Battery Show – Europe
April 4-6, 2017
Stuttgart, Germany – Booth# B136
Information on The Battery Show Europe